411 Games Top 5 08.17.13: Top 5 Wanted Disney Infinity Characters
Hello everyone, I hope it has been a good week for all the readers out there, don’t we love an infinite number of possibilities?
* This Week the 411 staff were asked to come up with their Top 5 Most Wanted Disney Infinity Characters*
Honorable Mentions: Merlin (The Sword in the Stone), WALL-E, and The Genie from Aladdin
5. Stitch – The creature known as Experiment 626, he is a six-legged, bad-tempered, hyper-intelligent, cute and fuzzy weapon of mass destruction. Who wouldn’t want to be able to cause mass chaos, backing up sewers, reversing street signs, and stealing everyone’s left shoe? Also, you can hit people with Volkswagons.
4. Darkwing Duck – The terror that flaps in the night, Disney’s duck-based version of Batman, and one of the many reasons why I miss Disney Afternoon programming every single day. Basically, Darkwing represents the DA contingent, I’m willing to settle for anything from TaleSpin, Bonkers, DuckTales, or Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers as well.
3. Robin Hood – This would be the version from the all-animal cartoon film, of course. Obviously it would be a great game setting, Robin Hood is always cool, and it really is one of my favourite Disney films of all time. Plus, Archery contests!
2. Darth Vader – He belongs to Disney now, baby! If they put out a Vader character (and they will, have no doubt), it likely won’t ever manage to stay on shelves. Instead, they’ll just send a sacrificial employee to open the box in the middle of the toy section and run like hell.
1. Guybrush Threepwood – The mighty pirate hero of Monkey Island, Guybrush also became a Disney property with the purchase of LucasArts, and if it is the last thing I do, I will live to see Threepwood (and Dread Pirate LeChuck) in Disney Infinity. You’ve all been warned.
5.MAX from Flight of the Navigator – Compliance! Max was the alien ship from Flight of the Navigator. One of my favorite live action movies from when I was a kid. The ship looked a lot like the T1000 from Terminator 2 in the fact that it was basically liquid metal and could take on many forms. I think it would be cool to fly around the Disney Infinity world as Max.
4.Jake and the Neverland Pirates – Okay, this one isn’t so much for me as it is for my nephew. He absolutely loves watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Jr. This would be a great way for him to be able to actually interact with the characters, not to mention make me look like a BOSS of an uncle.
3.GizmoDuck – I’ve been on a Duck Tales Kick. Every since the Duck Tales Remastered game was announced. GizmoDuck would translate well to a videogame… I mean he is technically a super hero. Blatherskite!!
2.Launchpad McQuack – Launchpad was Scrooge McDuck’s pilot in Duck Tales, and also played sidekick to Darkwing Duck. I don’t know how he would fit into a game, but it is my list and I can have whoever I want on here dagnabit.
1.Baby Herman – Just to get a bit of adult flavor to the Disney games, we’ll add the foul mouthed baby from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I don’t know if he is actually owned by Disney, but he was listed on the wikipedia page for Disney animated characters, so i am counting it. I’m sure I will be informed if I am wrong.
5. Elliot (Pete’s Dragon): Come on, who doesn’t wanna play with a dragon? I would love to go and breathe fire destroying villains in your wake.
4. Baloo (Jungle Book) One of my favorite Disney characters of all-time. His friendship with Mogli was a big reason the movie was such a hit. I could see Baloo helping you with heavy objects and putting up tall blocks. He could also serve as a great shield or brute force in battle.
3. Dumbo (Dumbo 1941 Film) Pinocchio and this movie are my top two Disney films. We know that a Dumbo from the Disneyland will be able to be used in some form, but I’d like to see him as a playable character figure. He would be great to fly around the world with and he could spray water at enemies from his trunk. Hey, they used him as a summon in Kingdom Hearts, why not here too?
2. The Avengers (Marvel Comics) Do I really need to explain why they are my on list?
1. Goofy He is my favorite Disney character ever and my daughter loves him too watching “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.” We saw he can fight in Kingdom Hearts and he would always be a great pal to have to give you something to laugh at if you are bored as well.
Dirtsheets.com A website started by two of the Triple Threat Column writers. Not only is it the permanent home of that world famous column but it has my podcast “Wrestling 2 the MAX,” recaps, and other columns.
Wrestling 2 the MAX Podcast. Go listen to episode 51 and tell us what you think at [email protected] New Episodes come out every Tuesday Morning over on dirtsheets.com, this week we preview WWE Summerslam, discuss why Continuity in Pro-Wrestling is important, Review Monday’s RAW, Review TNA IMPACT, and more.
Disney Infinity (All Systems Except PS VITA)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Flashback (Xbox 360)
DiveKick (PS3 & PS VITA)