Black Ops 2 Leads November NPDs
The November NPD numbers have been revealed, and it should be no surprise that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has led the way.
The game raked in $1 billion in 15 days, setting a new record for the series. Meanwhile, Halo 4 came in second, with Assassin’s Creed 3 rounding out the top three.
Overall, software sales were down 11 percent from last year, earning $1.46 billion compared to $1.65 billion last year. The industry was also down 11 percent from last year, making $2.55 billion overall.
It should be noted that Cyber Monday sales were not included, as sales numbers ended Nov. 24.
Hardware sales dropped 13 percent, even with the Wii U selling 425,000 units in seven days. Microsoft, meanwhile, sold 1.26 million Xbox 360s, while Nintendo sold 420,000 Wiis and 540,000 3DS systems.
The last group, accessories, only dropped eight percent compared to last year. However, figures for Skylanders saw a 250 percent increase.
You can see the top 10 list below.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
2. Halo 4 (360)
3. Assassin’s Creed 3 (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)*
4. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3)
5. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
6. Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC)
8. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC)
9. WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii)
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP)