mma / News

Cage Warriors to Host Three Single-Night Title Tournaments in 2013

February 11, 2013 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

Cage Warriors has announced that they will be holding three separate-division single-night title tournaments in 2013. The promotion will start the four-man tournaments in April, with the winners of each tournament getting the currently-vacant bantamweight, featherweight or lightweight titles, respectively.

Cage Warriors CEO Graham Boylan told MMAjunkie that the plan came about after Conor McGregor vacated his featherweight and lightweight titles for a UFC contract. Boylan said, “When we heard Conor had been signed, we said, ‘Let’s liven this up for the fans.'”

Boylan said that the semifinal fights will begin the shows and that the final will main event. There will also be a reserve fight for each tournament in case a substitute is needed. Events and dates will be announced shortly.

article topics

Jeremy Thomas

comments powered by Disqus