music / News

Khloe Kardashian Will Not Return For The X Factor Season 3

February 18, 2013 | Posted by Joseph Lee

The New York Post reports that Khloe Kardashian will not be back for season three of The X Factor. She had no hosting experience when she joined and usually appeared nervous and unprepared while on camera.

A source said: “They are asking Mario [Lopez] to come back, but not Khloe.

LA hosting expert Marki Costello added: “I am sure there was a big percentage of Khloe’s fans who followed her to ‘X Factor.’ But at the end of the day, when she doesn’t know what she is doing, are you helping your show or hurting it? It was really hard for me to watch Mario with her. It made me, as a viewer, almost uncomfortable.

This follows the exit of Britney Spears, who also had middling reviews for her role on the program. L.A. Reid left in December to focus on his job as head of Epic Records.

Simon Cowell and FOX are now working to rebuild the program, which a News Corp executive called a “disappointment” during a conference call this month. Cheryl Cole is in talks to return to the show, possibly as a judge. If this is true, it would be part of a plan to have Cowell and three younger women as judges.

Cole was also judge on the UK version of the show. She filed a $2.3 million lawsuit against them last December claiming she was still owed money after she was replaced a few weeks into the first season. This return could be part of a settlement.

Last year, Cowell said he regretted letting her go. He added: “I had to apologize for the way it was handled.

It may also be a sign that the show is cutting down on its talent budget after spending $15 million on Spears only for ratings to fall by 20%. A spokesperson for the show said: “The producers have not yet made the talent decisions for this year.

NULL

article topics

Joseph Lee

comments powered by Disqus