music / News

Liam Gallagher Almost Died After Eating A Nut

May 6, 2013 | Posted by Joseph Lee

The Sun reports that Liam Gallagher almost died after eating a blue M&M last month that contained a peanut. He was sent into anaphlactic shock. He has been diagnosed with a life-threatening nut allergy after suffering the reaction while in a hotel on tour. Now he has to carry a special injection with him everywhere he goes just in case.

While at the launch of The Red House restaurant in south-west London, he said: “I’ve done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think a f****** blue M&M would be the thing that could have killed me. I was in a hotel on holiday and got in about the mini bar. I was bored and hungry, so it’s what you do, man. I’ve always liked M&Ms so I got into them. I had a blue one. My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat, man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away. It happened again a couple of weeks after and now I’ve got to carry a syringe about with me in case of emergencies. Proper PETE DOHERTY gear.

He was supporting his Pretty Green clothing business partner Chris Jonns, who opened the restaurant near the King’s Road. He was drinking with his brother-in-law Liam Howlett from The Prodigy, Hurts singer Theo Hutchcract, Rizzle Kicks and The Libertines’ Carl Barat. His wife Nicole Appleton, her sister Natalie and Shaznay Lewis were also there. The night ended in The Box club.

Beady Eye are set to release their second album BE and he wants to go out on tour.

article topics

Joseph Lee

comments powered by Disqus