Madonna Has Highest Grossing Tour of 2012
Billboard has released a list of the highest-grossing musical act tours of 2012. Madonna topped the list for her MDNA tour which was the highest-grossing tour of 2012.
Madonna reportedly had the most cash on the live circuit this year which grossed $228 million. This trumped Bruce Springsteen who earned $199 million.
The touring this year for Madonna made many headlines and courted great controversy. She was booed by French fans for delivering a short set, she brandished a gun onstage in Denver shortly after the Colorado shootings last July, and she also angered Russian fans by handing out pink anti-homophobia wristbands. Charges were even made against her in Russian court as a result, but they were later dismissed.
Madonna also outsold her rival Lady Gaga who made sixth place on the list with $124 million. Madonna concerts reportedly outsold Lady Gaga’s in South America by three to one, even though Gaga’s concerts are reportedly three times as expensive.
Here is the full list:
1. Madonna ($228 million)
2. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band ($199 million)
3. Roger Waters ($186 million)
4. Michael Jackson: THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque Du Soleil ($147 million)
5. Coldplay ($147 million)
6. Lady Gaga ($124 million)
7. Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw ($96 million)
8. Van Halen ($54 million)
9. Jay-Z & Kanye West ($46 million)
10. Andre Rieu ($46 million)
11. Dave Matthews Band ($41 million)
12. Barbra Streisand ($40 million)
13. Jason Aldean ($39 million)
14. Lady Antebellum ($38 million)
15. Red Hot Chili Peppers ($33 million)
16. Brad Paisley ($33 million)
17. Nickelback ($33 million)
18. Trans-Siberian Orchestra ($33 million)
19. Elton John ($32 million)
20. Justin Bieber ($30 million)
21. Rod Stewart ($30 million)
22. Neil Diamond ($29 million)
23. Pearl Jam ($27 million)
24. Taylor Swift ($26 million)
25. Rascal Flatts ($26 million)