music / News

Paulina Rubio Says Her Ex-Assistant Is Working With Company That Is Suing Her

November 13, 2012 | Posted by Joseph Lee

TMZ reports that Paulina Rubio has filed new legal documents in Miami, claiming that her former assistant Felipe Restrepo Betancur has hired the same lawyer that is representing a Colombian non-profit organization that is suing her for $1 million.

The non-profit group filed the lawsuit against her for canceling a concert, but she claims Restrepo has been sabotaging her case by leaking “case strategy and privileged documents” to the opposition. Restrepo filed his own $250,000 against Rubio last month, in which he claims she beat him after she was forced to fly coach.

Rubio is asking a judge to ban Restrepo’s lawyer from the Colombian concert lawsuit. The lawyer, Richard Wolfe, said: “There is no factual basis for the motion that was filed, because the actions alleged never occurred. This is their latest sleazy attempt to delay the trial. I fully intend to represent my client at the trial

A judge has yet to rule on Paulina’s motion.

article topics

Joseph Lee

comments powered by Disqus