The Low End Theory Hip-Hop News Report 8.24.12 The All A’s Edition
GOOD MORNING all my lovely hip hop followers! I’m writing to you once again from the awesome IMKING office so we all know what my day consists of: dope clothes, amazing people, and of course dope music (on most days) I’m actually finding time to write now, since I’ll be stuck in traffic all the way home, heading to my “AMAZING” job (emphasis on the sarcasm) where the “Never Ending Pasta Bowl” promo is taking place. Yes, you will find me there for hours on end slaving away feeding bowls on bowls on bowls of pasta for small tips. Sounds fun, doesn’t it? Anywho, enough about me…TONY! TAKE IT AWAY!
Lemme get in on that never ending pasta, nigga! Sup sup, y’all! It’s another week in the world of Tony, and I’m lovin it! The camping trip went well, and now I’m packin for a new place. Movin in on the 1st of September (a day I’ll always remember…). It’s always interesting, the music choices we choose when working. I’m sure many of you listen to music every bit as much as I do. Hell, I got my Beats in my ears probably more than not, and I can’t help but feel you readers probably have the same problem. Music is our motivator, it appears, and right now The Temptations are soundtracking the column, so if we get a little sing songy, blame David Ruffin!!
This week, we announce the winner of week three, and the last of the ladies to enter the FINALS! This week marks the last week of the competition and will crown the ultimate Hip Hop Hottie of the Year! Check down below to see who made it to the finals, and vote for the final girl!! Aside from the cuties with the booties, I’ve got updates on new albums coming, Lil Wayne not liking New York, and Crystal gives a preview of an upcoming album herself! Join us, friends!
Video of the Week
50 Cent Ft. Brevi – Be My Bitch
Look at fiddy’s singin ass…
– Lil Wayne reportedly took offense to my review of 2 Chainz’s album (which you can read here!) as he as quoted saying, “I’m very upset at that just so everybody know, he put me on that, I sound wack as hell on there.” Yes, I believe that Wayne reads my shit…
– Kanye West recently won the rights to “Stronger.” Feel free to make your obvious pun-filled joke.
– Apparently, E-40 and Too Short were banned from Rock The Bells. E-40 is said to have blown a whistle while ghost riding his whip in retaliation.
– Lil Wayne doesn’t like New York, and the Senator asks for an apology. People wonder why politics are in the shitter, is this what they’re really worrying about?
While I suffer, looking at the album review list from the past month through September, I struggle to find something nice to say. Seriously, Ross’s album was weak and made it to #1, 2 Chainz hurt my ears and he made it to #1, Kreayshawn’s album will be dropping soon and I have little doubt that it will be buzzworthy and…shitworthy. I’m keeping hope for Slaughterhouse, but even the recent leaked tracks leave something to be desired. I dunno guys, it’s a scary world out there for hip hop right now…
Anyways, there are a few surprises coming, and I have a preview of a few albums coming up, including one that may shock you! Let’s start with Lil Wayne, who just recently came out to say that he’s putting rap in his backseat to focus on skateboarding…right. Well, he’s dropping a new mixtape soon, Dedication 4. It’s a collaboration of sorts with DJ Drama and is said to be four years in the making and very hot. I’ve not been nice to Wayne recently, and after hearing his verse on “Yuck,” can you blame me? But I did hear a new verse of his on Busta’s album and it harkened back memories of No Ceilings Wayne. Below is the alleged tracklist and it looks like a lot of fun, but it also seems feature heavy.
1. Rich Forever (Intro) (feat. John Legend)
3. No Lie (feat. Rick Ross)
4. Actin’ Up (feat. Wiz Khalifa, Nas, & Tyga)
5. Mercy (feat. Meek Mill, Drake, & T.I.)
6. Hold Me Back
7. Everything’s A Go (feat. Wale & B.o.B.)
8. New God Flow (feat. Birdman & Drake)
9. A Kiss
10. A1 Everything (feat. Juelz Santana)
11. Cameras (feat. Mac Miller & Lupe Fiasco)
12. Stay Schemin;’
13. So Sophisticated (feat. Kanye West)
14. Love This Life (feat. J. Cole & Eminem)
15. I Don’t Really Care (feat. Young Jeezy)
16. Rack City
17. Exodus 23:1 (feat. Game & The Weeknd)
18. My Moment
19. High (feat. Tyler the Creator & Soulja Boy)
20. My Favorite Song (feat. Mack Maine)
21. I Don’t Like (feat. Jae Millz & Drake)
22. Loud (feat. Waka Flocka & 2 Chainz)
23. Ambition (feat. French Montana)
24. The Code
25. Amen (feat. Big Sean & Kendrick Lamar)
Wayne isn’t the only one getting ready to put out a body of work, as DMX just released the track listing and production notes of his upcoming album, Undisputed. The tracklists boasts some big names in terms of production, but one thing that’s extremely noticeable is the lack of guest appearances, save one. DMX has never been known so guest appearances, so that’s not surprising, but allowing just one – and for it to be Machine Gun Kelly is an intriguing choice.
1. Look Without Seein’ (prod. by Elite)
2. What They Don’t Know (prod. by Swizz Beatz)
3. Cold World (prod. by Grease & Snaz)
4. I Don’t Dance featuring Machine Gun Kelly (prod. by J.R. Rotem)
5. Sucka For Love (prod. by Deezle)
6. I Get Scared (prod. by Grease)
7. Slippin’ Again (prod. by Bird)
8. Prayer (Skit) (prod. by X)
9. I’m Back (prod. by Bird)
10. Have You Eva (prod. by Grease)
11. Get Your Money Up (Explicit Version Only)
12. Head Up (prod. by Tronzilla)
13. Frankenstein (prod. by Caviar)
14. Ya’ll Don’t Really Know (prod. by Swizz Beatz)
15. I Got Your Back (prod. by Caviar)
16. No Love (prod. by Grease & Snaz)
17. Already (prod. by Divine Bars)
19. Fuck U Bitch
20. Love That Bitch
If DMX ain’t your favorite grunting and gravelly rapping motherfucker out there, then have no fear because X is hittin a hood near you! That’s right, the voice that wants you to Pimp your Ride is dropping his first album since 2006! While he didn’t give a release date, he did say that Napalm would be out early fall. I’m probably more excited than I should be, but Pimp My Ride antics aside, Xzibit has always had a flair that I’ve enjoyed. If the tracklist is an evidence, then we are in for a hell of a treat!
1. State Of Hip-Hop Vs. Xzibit (Prod. By Beat Butcher)
2. Everything (Prod. By Rick Rock)
3. Dos Equise Ft. RBX
4. Something More Ft. Prodigy
5. Gangsta Gangsta (Prod. By DJ Chill)
6. Forever A G Ft. Wiz Khalifa (Prod. By E. Dan)
7. 1983 Ft. Trena Joiner (Xzibit’s Mom) (Prod. By Insane Wayne)
8. Stand Tall Ft. Slim Da Mobster (Prod. By S1)
9. Spread It Out (Prod. By 21)
10. Up Out The Way Ft. E-40 (Prod. By Rick Rock)
11. Napalm (Prod. By 1500 Or Nothin’) (Drums By Travis Barker; Scratches By Sid (Of Slipknot))
12. Meaning Of Life Ft. Ret. Staff Sargent Shilo Harris (U.S. Army)
13. Louis XIII Ft. King T & Tha Alkaholiks (Prod. By Dr. Dre)
14. Enjoy The Night Ft. David Banner, Wiz Khalifa & Brevi (Prod. By David Banner)
15. Movie Ft. Crooked I, Slim Da Mobster & Game (Prod. By Akon)
16. I Came To Kill (Prod. By !llmind)
17. Killer’s Remorse Ft. Bishop Lamont, B-Real & Demrick (Prod. By Focus)
18. 1983 StringAcapella
Your Turn: Of the three albums above, which do you most anticipate and why?
Last week, we had the lovely ladies Angel, Randyl and Danielle face off, and in one of the closest competetions of the past few weeks, Randyl and Angel were head to head the ENTIRE time. Angel, however, edged in at the last moment with just ONE more vote than Randyl and joins the the final three!!! Let’s give it up for Angel!!
It’s the final week of the Hip Hop Hotties competition, and the shit is fierce. The final three have been decided by YOU, the readers, and they’re ready for the final week! Angel, Ashley and Anastasia prove that they reign in more than just the hierarchy of the alphabet. Get your votes in, people!
In case you were wondering what the ladies are fighting for – aside from notoriety of being the Hip Hop Hottie of the Year, they are also fighting for a $100 gift certificate to a store (online or otherwise) of their choosing AND two movie tickets! Sure, it may not sound like much but this is coming from The Low End Theory Budget and…it’s slim, alright.
Who will it be, Angel, Anastasia or Ashlee!?!?
Yet again I have to keep today short, but always sweet. So here’s whats going on today:
-Lupe Fiasco Released Info on Food & Liquor 2! I seriously can’t wait, since the original Food & Liquor remains my favorite Lupe album of all time (minus his mixtapes). The set date for the drop is September 25th, and the album art is an all-black everything image. He also released the official video for “Bitch Bad” which has become one of my new favorites, since the storyline is purely truth. LUPE FIASCO IS REAL. dont sleep on him!
Check the video here:
And remember, if you’re in the Los Angeles area and want to come say what’s up, here’s the info: