2013 Will Be The Make Or Break Year For WWE Studios
During today’s WWE Conference Call, WWE CFO George Barrios stated that 2013 will be the make or break year for WWE Studios. During the call, Barrios stated that they expect bigger returns from the new WWE Studios model, and that the theatrical releases of Dead Man Down and The Call will go a long way in keeping the division afloat. Barrios noted that if they do not see significant returns that the company will consider an exit strategy from the movie business.
In 2012, WWE Studios recognized revenue of $7.9 million, down from the $20.9 million in the prior year.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Adrianne Curry gives a bird’s eye view of her bra-clad rack
* Kristina Shannon goes without makeup — Hot Or Not?
* Source calls Man of Steel ‘The Best Movie of the Year’
* Electronic Arts rumored to enter exclusivity partnership for new Xbox
* Archer renewed by F/X for fifth season
* The Top 10 Movie/TV First Ladies
* The Top 10 Horror Anthology Shows