411’s WWE Main Event Report 4.24.13
Michael Benjamin here with another Main Event report! Tonight, Mark Henry runs a gauntlet and probably looks like a badass while doing so! Want the results? Just scroll down. As always, that’s the Benjamin guarantee after all.
WWE Championship Roll Call:
WWE Champion: John Cena
World Champion: Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion: Wade Barrett
US Champion: Kofi Kingston
Unified Diva’s Champion: Kaitlyn
WWE World Tag Team Champions: Daniel Bryan and Kane
– Then. Now. Foreverrrrrrrrrrr.
– This Main Event intro could really use some updating. Everybody is in old gear and Daniel Bryan’s beard is like four months shorter.
– Michael Cole welcomes us to Main Event. His broadcast colleague, JBL, is in the ring. JBL says that he’s STILL a wrestling God. Here in London tonight, JBL is going to make sure the show starts off with a bang. We get replays of Mark Henry’s backstage attacks on Sheamus in the prior weeks before JBL introduces the World’s Strongest Man himself.
– Henry makes his way down to the ring with a mic in hand. JBL says that he’s seen Sheamus in absolute wars but he’s never seen Sheamus beat down like we just saw in the replays. Mark Henry says that Sheamus said it doesn’t matter if you’re big and bad. JBL says “because that’s what you do” multiple times and Henry takes offense. He thinks JBL is making fun of him but JBL promises that isn’t the case. He follows up by asking Henry if he wants to be in action tonight. Henry says that he’ll take on TWO WWE superstars to prove a point. JBL mentions that Big Show is awesome and Henry asks if JBL thinks Big Show is more impressive than him before saying he’ll take on THREE WWE superstars. The crowd is chanting “we want four.” JBL says that three would be incredible, but why not make history? He proposes Mark takes on four men in a gauntlet match and that Mark could do it right now. Mark tells JBL to get out of the ring because he’s going to take on four! I’m intrigued.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Mark Henry @ 0:58 via pinfall
OFFICIAL RESULT: Mark Henry @ 2.33 via pinfall
OFFICIAL RESULT: Mark Henry @ 3:53 via pinfall
OFFICIAL RESULT: The Great Khali @ 5:08 via count out
– We get a recap of Triple H accepting Brock Lesnar’s challenge delivered by Paul Heyman. Does ANYBODY want to see this match a third time? I’ll take Lesnar vs. ANYBODY ELSE at this point.
– We’re back! Matt Striker is on top of the ramp and he introduces Zeb Colter, who comes out to no theme music. Matt asks Zeb how Jack feels about being in a triple threat match instead of a singles match. Zeb says that Jack is just like America and he will prevail. Alberto weaseled his way into this match and Dolph’s reign reminds him of Thomas Paine who left the UK because of good sense. He wonders what type of man dyes his hair bleach blonde. He says that the only people who do that have peculiar and questionable morals. The WWE needs a better champion. We’ll witness this on Smackdown when Alberto wrestles Swagger in a no DQ match. Swagger comes out and says “we the people” a shit load of times. What an exclusive!
– Next up, we get a recap of the Ryback/Foley interview. Ryback did a good job, but you could tell he repeated some lines while trying to remember the script. Again, there was no reason to turn Ryback heel yet when he has so much mileage left as a face.
– We tune in towards the end of the amazing six man tag on Raw. I’d peg it at ***3/4 if I was reviewing the show. It was a great TV match. It was the third best TV match of the year by my rankings, behind Alberto/Ziggler and Cena/Punk. Swagger vs Alberto from last Friday was the same rating but didn’t feel as special.
OVERALL: This was an awful episode of Main Event. None of the Henry matches were good and the rest was recaps and a boring Colter interview that hyped Swagger’s Smackdown match. Don’t go out of your way for this. 3/10
As always, thank you for reading and be sure to check out my first YouChoose review on May 1st! You get to choose what I review next so be sure to read!