Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger Comment on the IOC Pulling Wrestling From The Olympics
- Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger recently spoke with Sports Illustrated about the International Olympic Committee’s decision to drop wrestling from the Olympics in 2020. Here is what they had to say…
Cody Rhodes: “I’m very disappointed with the fact that they’re even considering it. This is freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling. This has a rich tradition in the Olympics. I don’t even want to disparage some of the sports that they’re keeping, you just don’t do away with wrestling.”
Dolph Ziggler: “It’s hitting close to home more than usual. I know it’s not 100 percent yet but there are so many Olympic events, it’s unfortunate they’ve chosen a legitimate sport and one of the original sports ever. It’s mind-blowing that it’s even on the chopping block.
“They were genuinely distraught,” Ziggler said of the wrestlers he encountered at the school. “I told them it was such a tight-knit community, we’ll all come together and at least make our voice heard.”
Jack Swagger: “It teaches you so much about life and that’s what makes it the best sport. It teaches you discipline and dedication and how to work hard and how to sacrifice for your goals. Those are things you can apply to any area of your life, whether it’s your education or your career. Honestly, it turned me into a man.”
Must-read news from around the site:
* Kim Kardashian gets busty in cornrows — Hot or Not?
* Chrissy Teigen fills out her bikini in the pages of Sports Illustrated
* Erin Heatherton looking hot in Victoria’s Secret lingerie shoot
* Hayley Atwell returning for Captain America: The Winter Soldier?
* Take-Two officially acquires WWE video game license
* The Top 10 Opening Film Credits
* 411′s A Good Day to Die Hard review