Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and More Comment on Olympic Wrestling Being Dropped
- Here are Twitter reactions from several WWE stars about the IOC’s decision to cut wrestling from the Olympics:
Big E. Langston: The IOC’s decision to drop wrestling in 2020 is baffling. I learned life lessons on the mat that I’ll never forget. #SaveOlympicWrestling
Ricardo Rodriguez: So the Olympics are dropping Wrestling? One of the original sports? Como que what?! ‘stan locos!
I wrestled when I was in school and hoped to one day make it to the Olympics. It’s such a shame they have taken an original sport out! B.S.!
Alberto Del Rio: WHAT!!!!! ARE THEY Pinche CRAZY!!!!! Wrestling out of the Olympic Games #whatastupidmove
“Wrestling is been part of the Olympic Games since the beginning. It’s a beautiful sport! But I guess shooting a gun or forcing a horse to Jump over hedges is more of a sport than wrestling to the committee. This is not right!
Ok for those I***** from the IOC this is not a sport pic.twitter.com/MzmoVgYE
But this one is????? U have to be kidding me #SaveOlympicWrestling pic.twitter.com/Zkp9zCIe
Tyson Kidd: Can’t understand the thought process when making a decision like taking wrestling out of the Olympics
Cody Rhodes: #SaveOlympicWrestling or lets continue teaching our kids 4th place is something to be proud of.
William Regal: The Olympic committee should hang their heads in shame.Wrestling is the original Olympic sport.
Jack Swagger: We cannot let this happen. Important! everyone go sign this petition to keep wrestling in the olympics http://wh.gov/d20I
Drew McIntyre: Hell of a booker handling Olympic wrestling situation. Drop and get heat on oldest sport, people rally behind it, big babyface comeback #101
Must-read news from around the site:
* Julie Henderson heats up the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in her bikinis
* Courtney Stodden rocks a tiny little black dress
* Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva set for UFC 160
* Bryan Singer speaks on status of Storm & Nightcrawler in X-Men: Days of Future Past
* [VIDEO] Ke$ha plays the keyboard with her breasts
* Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z to tour together in 2013
* 411’s The Ultimate Fighter 17 report