DGUSA News: Company Pleased With Dean Ambrose Heading to Raw, Website Launch Delayed, More
– Dragon Gate USA is reportedly “thrilled” about Dean Ambrose, who worked as Jon Moxley for the company, being brought up to WWE television as it makes him the first homegrown DGUSA talent to make it to the big leagues. Gabe Sapolsky has suggested that fans check out EVOLVE 7 if they wish to see older Moxley footage, saying, “That show will always be a special DVD to me because Jon gave us his final independent wrestling match. We used that opportunity to put him in the ring with Austin Aries and then we had a special moment with his farewell ceremony afterwards. To make the DVD even better we included the match he had against Roderick Strong for the FIP Title.”
– Samuray del Sol is now working as Octogon Jr. in Mexico for AAA. Sol will continue with his current name in DGUSA as he’s made a name for himself in the US with it.
– The new website launch for the company is being held off until the company is completely satisfied with it. It could conceivably go live at any point, but the company doesn’t want to make the change in the middle of the holiday season if there is a chance of problems. On the plus side, Black Friday sales are way up from last year and WWNLive did particularly well.
– DGUSA has extended their holiday sale through Friday at midnight.
– The company is looking to head back to the West Coast during January.
– The first competitors have been named for the 2012 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup, which will take place in Ybor City, Florida. The competitors will be Jonathan Gresham, Lince Dorado, Mike Cruz and Shane Strickland.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play Batman in Justice League?
* Rosie Jones brings her nearly-exposed boobs to the beach
* New Arrow photos reveal mysterious villain
* New TV spot for Django Unchained
* The Top 5 Holiday Music Gift Ideas
* The Top 8 Holiday Movie Gift Ideas
* The Top 8 Games That Should Be Made Into Movies