Dragon Gate USA News: Kendrick Upset, Open The Freedom Gate Card, Looking For New Markets, More
– After the November 29th title tournament at the old ECW arena, DG:USA will likely not return to the Northeast for 6-9 months. The feeling is that the Philadelphia market is getting burned out.
– The company is looking for two new markets outside of the Northeast to run next year.
– It is being reported that Brian Kendrick was really upset about his match being edited on the DGUSA Untouchable PPV.
– No new talent has been announced for the January or March events.
– Here is the updated card for the Open The Freedom Gate title tournament show:
Saturday November 28, 2009
The Arena (formerly known as New Alhambra/ECW Arena)
7 Ritner Street, Philadelphia , PA 19148
Open The Freedom Gate
One night, thirteen man tournament to determine the first DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Champion
1. Dragon Kid & Shingo vs. Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi
2. Open The Freedom Gate – Finals Tournament Four-Way Elimination Match (winners of matches 3-6): TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA
3. Open The Freedom Gate – First Round Tournament Match – Redemption: Brian Kendrick vs. BxB Hulk
4. Open The Freedom Gate – First Round Tournament Match – Next Level: YAMATO vs. Davey Richards
5. Open The Freedom Gate – First Round Tournament Four-Way Match (first fall wins) – Salute To Skayde: CIMA vs. Mike Quackenbush vs. Super Crazy vs. Jorge Skayde Rivera
6. Open The Freedom Gate – First Round Tournament Six-Way Match (first fall wins it) – Generation New: Nick Jackson vs. Matt Jackson vs. Jigsaw vs. Lince Dorado vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Gran Akuma
7. Bonus Match (6:30pm belltime for Golden Circle VIP Balcony Ticket Holders): Eddie Kingston vs. Hallowicked