Eve Torres’ Film and and Rocky Jones Documentary Have Debut Screenings
- Two wrestling-themed films had their first screenings in the past week. The first, the French comedy Les Reines du ring (Queen of the Ring), screened at the European Film Market in Germany earlier this week. The film is about a female ex-con who, fresh out of prison, decides to become a WWE Diva to build a relationship with her wrestling-loving son. Eve, CM Punk and The Miz appear in cameos and several WWE-related materials appear within the film, which has its climax at a WWE event. WWE Studios is partnered with the producers and has first distribution rights in the US.
The second film, a short film about Rocky Jones who worked as Mike Masters in the WWWF, Florida and Los Angeles among others, was screened in advance of its festival run. The film is forty-one minutes and focuses on his decision to turn down a WWF job in favor of spending time with his newborn daughter. Little Guido and Kodiak Bear are among the wrestlers who appear in the film as students of Jones’.
Here is an interview with Jones and Guido from PWInsider discussing the film and more:
Must-read news from around the site:
* Check out Ariel Meredith’s hot bikini body from SI’s Swimsuit Issue
* Another new poster released for Iron Man 3
* Kate Upton almost froze to death for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
* New Iron Man 3 poster shows off Iron Patriot armor
* International trailer and poster released for Oblivion
* DMX arrested for driving without a license