Even More News Regarding Ric Flair’s Return on Monday, Why He Hasn’t Signed, & What It All Has To Do With TNA
- WWE did not promote Ric Flair’s return on Monday, likely due to the ongoing WWE vs. TNA Lawsuit. This is also likely the reason that Flair has not signed a contract with WWE. While Flair was on Raw Monday night, RAW viewership rose from around 4.1 million viewers to 4.7 million viewers, with big spikes in the key male demographics.
The return was planned for several weeks, with several angles for him being pitched, including one where he would introduce his daughter, Ashley, who is currently training at NXT as Charlotte.
Flair initially was not going to be doing anything physical, but those plans quickly changed. When Flair arrived in Philadelphia, he was ordered to undergo an EKG to make sure his heart was healthy enough for him to get physical on RAW with Punk, Heyman and The Shield. The return was kept a secret from the crew, and while there was buzz internally that he could appear, he was kept in a trailer away from everybody else.
While it is said that Flair will not be wrestling for WWE, he will be doing some kind of on air feud with CM Punk, likely after Punk’s match with The Rock at the Royal Rumble.
Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com via rajah.com
Must-read news from around the site:
* Kate Upton shows off her extreme hotness in Vogue Germany
* Coco bends over to show off her big boobs in a bra for Peepshow
* Release date announced for Anchorman: The Legend Continues
* Looking Ahead: 2013’s Horror Films
* The Top 10 Worst Albums of 2012
* The Top 10 Movie/TV Ghosts