Final Opening Weekend Box Office Numbers For The Rock’s Snitch
– The Rock’s latest film Snitch did $13.17 million dollars over the weekend, which as reported yesterday put it at #2 behind Identity Thief’s $14 million. The film actually beat the opening weekends all of the “tough guy” action star-heavy films released so far this year such as Jason Statham’s Parker ($7 million), Sylvester Stallone’s Bullet to the Head ($4.6 million) and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s The Last Stand ($6.3 million).
Of interesting note was the male/female split of attendees; the film had only a 53% male audience, which is much lower than the traditional action film split. This probably helped it out as the above action films with strong male demos this year bombed, suggesting that adult males are not visiting movie theaters much this year so the more female-leaning spread likely pushed the grosses higher than it would have been. 57% of the audience for the filmw as over thirty.
Credit: Box Office Mojo
Must-read wrestling news:
* Hulk Hogan not happy Jeff Hardy had to miss TNA’s UK tour
* Daniel Bryan says he hated the original NXT concept
* The Iron Sheik rants about Glenn Beck
* JBL to miss WWE TV this week
* Photos From Undertaker’s return