Independent Wrestler Charged For Putting Woman In Submission Hold
WTAE.com (via ProWrestling.net) reports that independent wrestler Isaac Lancaster Jr (age 23) was arrested on Thursday and arraigned on Friday in Washington County, Pennsylvania on charges that included aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, and additional charges.
He was arrested on a warrant from New Year’s Eve and later released under a $10,000 unsecured bond.
He worked as Kid Lightning in the independent scene. He allegedly put a woman in a submission hold, then later struck a fighting pose and charged at police when they arrived. Police had to use a stun gun to stop him.
He has since apologized and says he doesn’t remember doing any of it because he was drunk. He quit wrestling as Kid Lightning over a year ago.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Jack Swagger & Zeb Colter appear in three new WWE promo videos
* Jim Ross gives update on WWE NXT’s US television return
* Updated TNA Lockdown card
* TNA’s King Mo loses at Bellator 90
* 411’s Impact Wrestling report
* The Top 10 Amateur Wrestlers Turned Pro