Is WWE Considering More Animated Film Projects?
– WWE has released a new survey, asking if they should partner with established animated franchises for films. Potential cartoon franchises WWE would consider partnering with include Rugrats, He-Man, Looney Tunes, Smurfs, and Alvin and The Chipmunks.
WWE is already working on a Scooby-Doo movie, which will be released in 2014 during WrestleMania season. WWE looking to expand into animated movies is part of the company’s attempt to reach kids and families, who make up a significant portion of their audience.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Jim Ross won’t be at the Royal Rumble
* Wade Barrett reveals possible surprise Rumble entrant
* Shelton Benjamin comments on possible WWE return
* 411’s Impact Wrestling report
* The Top 8 Trademark Weapons