Japanese Pro Wrestling Legend Kenta Kobashi Announces Retirement
– Japanese wrestling legend Kenta Kobashi, age 45, announced today that he is retiring from pro wrestling. Kobashi said that a recover from an accumulation of injuries at this point is “impossible.” Kobashi’s retirement ceremony and likely farewell match will take place on February 26, 2013. This will also mark his 25th anniversary as a pro wrestler.
This is the end of a tumultuous week for the Japanese NOAH pro-wrestling promotion. Rumors have been circulation this week that the contracts for top stars would not be renewed at the end of the year and puts the promotion’s future in question.
Credit: Puroresu Spirit
More must-read wrestling news:
* Latest on CM Punk’s chances for TLC PPV
* The Rock to host fan Q&A today on Twitter
* WWE midcarders returning to company?
* 411’s WWE Smackdown report
* 411’s TNA Final Resolution roundtable preview