Jay Briscoe to Make Public Apology, Donate Pay Over Anti-Gay Marriage Tweets
- As you probably know by now, ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe tweeted yesterday that he would “f**king shoot” anyone who tried to teach his kids that gay marriage was okay, causing a firestorm of controversy. Following an initial statement this morning that simply said Briscoe’s thoughts did not reflect those of Ring of Honor’s, ROH has issued the following second statement:
Jay Briscoe would like to again express his sincerest apologies and regrets to all, especially his young fans, for his recent hateful Twitter comment. Ring of Honor has insisted that Jay also make a public apology at the Ring of Honor event this Saturday night. Jay will address the public during the event.
In addition to this apology, Ring of Honor and Jay have agreed that he will donate his full pay from the next two Ring of Honor events to the Partners Against Hate charitable organization. Partners Against Hate was created to help prevent, deter, and reduce juvenile hate-related behavior.
For more information on PAH, visit PartnersAgainstHate.org.
ROH’s Saturday show is in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Behind the Scenes Look at Leonard McCoy in Star Trek Into Darkness
* Man of Steel Calendars Reveal New Images
* Alyson Hannigan Says Sarah Michelle Gellar Was Annoying at the End of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
* Check Out Photos And A Promo For The Season Finale of Arrow
* Logo For Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Revealed
* [PODCAST] Man Cave Thoughts: The Office (Seasons 1 & 2)
* The Top 10 Worst Things in Hollywood
* The Top 10 Horror Movies That Should Become TV Shows