Jerry Lawler Gives an Update on His In-Ring Return
- Jerry Lawler recently spoke with Memphis’ WMC TV about his heart attack on Raw last year and his desired in-ring return. Lawler revealed that his heart stopped for twenty minutes and he needed to be shocked back to life. He gave credit to the on-site medical team for his life.
Lawler noted that he hasn’t had any negative aftereffects from the heart attack and said the worst things about it are not being able to eat fried chicken as much as he used to and that he hasn’t been cleared to return to the ring. He added that he never worked out or exercised before the attack but is doing so now and sayd he wants to return to the ring. He said that his girlfriend has told him that he’s been depressed since he hasn’t been able to wrestle and that the blood thinners he is taking as part of his recovery are delaying his return.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Marc Webb Tweets a new pic from the set of Amazing Spider-Man 2
* New featurette released for Star Trek Into Darkness
* Did Kim Kardashian use Kanye West to get pregnant?
* Bryan Singer tweets another photo from the set of X-Men: Days Of Future Past
* Check out these deleted scenes from Game of Thrones season two
* Mark Hamill on Star Wars: Episode VII: “I haven’t signed a contract”
* 411’s Oscar Preview: Best Picture and Director