Latest on Potential Plans for Rock vs. Punk at Royal Rumble (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)
– It is expected that with CM Punk winning at Survivor Series against Ryback and John Cena, he will be facing the Rock at the Royal Rumble. WWE’s creative team has been talking about a storyline scenario where Punk beats Rock at the Rumble and moves on to defend the WWE Title against the Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 while Rock faces John Cena in a rematch at the show.
The original plans for the Road to WrestleMania involved Rock beating Punk for the title at the Rumble and then facing off with Cena for the belt at WrestleMania. One of the problems with that scenario though is the fact that it would lead to no title defenses at house shows for over two months, as well as a question whether Rock would defend the title at Elimination Chamber.
Credit: Wrestling Observer
More must-read wrestling news:
* Update on why WWE isn’t blurring the WWF Logo on the Attitude Era DVD
* Jake The Snake Roberts admits that he contemplated suicide
* Triple H explains why he cut his hair
* Mick Foley: “I’m not wrestling CM Punk”
* The Top 5 Least Favorite Things in Wrestling