Matt Hardy Injury Update
– According to Pwinsider.com, word is that Matt Hardy hit his head when he was shoved off the top to the floor by Luke Hawx during the main event of the Extreme Rising iPPV. According to several readers who were ringside, Hardy got sick after hitting the floor and appeared to be going into convulsions. While not confirmed, it appears he may have suffered a concussion. He may have also suffered an injury to his ribs, but that is not confirmed at this time.
Hardy did sit up before the PPV went off the air but medical staff asked him to lay back down. An ambulance was called to the building and Hardy will be taken to a local hospital to get checked out. As of this time, Hardy is still down on the floor, and the promotion asked the crowd to clear out as soon as the event ended.
The run-ins during the end of the main event were scheduled, and not a reaction to the Hardy injury.
More must-read wrestling news:
* Steve Austin comments on potential WWE return
* Booker T talks about separating Chris Benoit’s accomplishments from his death
* HHH hoping to lure Sting away from TNA
* 411 PPV Roundtable Preview – WWE Survivor Series 2012
* 411’s WWE Smackdown report