Mick Foley Discusses Tribute to the Troops
– Mick Foley recently spoke about working on the Tribute to the troops events. Here are the highlights…
On WWE Tribute to the Troops: It’s changed a lot in that we’re doing them in the U.S. as opposed to overseas. It’s a major difference. By doing it in the U.S. we’re able to show our support, have a great time, and not put the guys who are on the road full time through quite as much.
On a Favorite Tribute to the Troops Moment: Yeah! I think my favorite moment was announcing that we have been signing a lot of autographs and that it was time for them to sign some autographs for me. So I threw a t-shirt out into the crowd for them to sign, and an hour later it made its way back into the locker room covered. It was like a work of art. It just had hundreds of signatures in every conceivable place. After holding on to it for several years, I thought that it really should be displayed at WWE headquarters. So I sent it along and I believe it’s framed and hanging there. But I also had the chance dressing up as Santa to vanquish the bad Santa Claus who turned out to be JBL in a Santa’s toy match where I ended up pummeling [him] with an oversized sack. A match so bad it was good.
Who Would He Book Captain America Against?: Let me see…you know when led to a fight and a duel is do, the red and the white and the blue will come through when Captain America throws his mighty shield. I do know the lyrics to the 1964 cartoon. [Laughs] I’m trying to think do we have a heinous anti-American [in WWE]? You know what I’d put him against 3MB. Not because they have any anti-American sentiments, just because they’re jerks. Yeah I’d like to see Captain America come in and just clean house with 3MB.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Suelyn Medeiros gets her butt grabbed by hot girl while wearing skintight dress
* Coco shows off her big booty in panties for Peepshow
* Check out sixty-four things wrong with The Avengers in three minutes
* Hugh Jackman official for X-Men: Days of Future Past
* Michael Bay provides update on fake Transformers 4 script
* Season Three winner of The Voice crowned
* The Top 10 Pet Peeves of 2012