Mick Foley Says A Neurologist Stated He Shouldn’t Wrestle Again
Credit: David and pwtorch.com
I just attended Mick Foley’s comedy show in Adelaide, Australia. I thought it best to inform you of two pieces of information he stated.
(1) Foley said he has been informed by a neurologist that he is not to wrestle ever again.
(2) This came about as he explained his proposal to WWE about having a match with Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley at Summerslam 2012 as a follow-up to their YouTube/Twitter feud. His proposal was to have a “fake” Dude Love (he joked that Brodus Clay has the right size) come out of the entrance way, but that he would attack Dean from behind as Mankind was coming through the ring (after having gotten the okay from The Undertaker).
But, Foley said this all got nixed due to his diagnosis from the neurologist. (He joked that his first “wrestler” response was to have the whole match based around his “healthier” left knee.)
Foley also stated that he felt Dean made very personal comments about his family within the feud and asked him to stop, but Dean thought this was “face” Foley actually egging him on!
Overall, I highly recommend Foley’s show to all wrestling fans! He is such a great storyteller that the whole two hours went by too quickly!
More details on Foley’s comedy tour can be found here at RealMickFoley.com .
Must-read wrestling news:
* Latest on the Undertaker’s WrestleMania 29 status
* Steve Austin: “Today’s guys can’t call matches in the ring anymore”
* Will Money in the Bank return to WrestleMania this year?
* WWE ranks the Rock’s biggest wins
* The Top 10 Tag Team Titles