More Details Behind Bruno Sammartino’s WWE Hall of Fame Deal
– In addition to Bruno Sammartino’s discussions with Triple H regarding the direction of WWE, money is said to have played a factor in his acceptance of the company’s offer of a WWE Hall of Fame induction. As previously reported, Sammartino spoke with Triple H and was impressed by the company’s Wellness Policy, the PG era, the lessening of drug use behind the scenes and more; Sammartino also reportedly gave Triple H a price that he wanted to get for agreeing to be inducted and had told several friends that he did not expect Vince McMahon to agree.
Sammartino played hardball this time around and said during negotiations that if the deal didn’t come together this year than he would not consider joining the Hall of Fame again, to the point of telling his sons not to sign off on him being inducted after he passed away. The price that he asked for is said to be around that which a WWE main eventer would get for WrestleMania and McMahon agreed.
As reported, the deal is for more than just a Hall of Fame induction; he will be taking part in future DVD projects including the planned fiftieth anniversary “History of WWE” set which will come later this year. There is also a Bruno Sammartino DVD set likely to come out of it; he would take part in a documentary on that set and and do commentary over some of his matches.
Credit: Wrestling Observer
Must-read wrestling news:
* Who will face off in the main event at SummerSlam? (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
* Dixie Carter to make announcement on Bellator MMA tonight
* Check out the CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho match from raw
* Will Jim Ross return to WWE commentary?
* 411 Fact or Fiction: Will The Undertaker Be Back For WrestleMania 29?
* The Top 10 heels of the week