More on Jack Swagger’s DUI and Pot Arrest
– More details have emerged in Jack Swagger’s arrest on Tuesday night for DUI, marijuana possession and speeding. The AP reports that Swagger was arrested just before midnight after being pulled over for driving ten miles over the speed limit. Swagger’s car was towed and after he was booked, he was released from custody to a friend that picked him up at the police station.
Swagger faces fines of $188 for speeding, $437 for the marijuana possesion and $1,300 for his first DUI offense. Because of the DUI his appearance in court is mandatory and he could also lose his driver’s license for ninety days. Swagger also could get two days in jail but could avoid that through stipulations such as counseling.
As we previously reported, Swagger’s court date is set for March 12th in Gulfport, Mississippi. That is a Tuesday and WWE has a Smackdown taping set for Fort Wayne, Indiana that night. A bit of research shows that it would be difficult via commercial flight to make that trip, so he could miss the taping that night.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Was Jack Swagger set to beat Alberto Del Rio at Wrestlemania 29?
* Sunny apologizes to WWE
* WWE invites Glenn Beck to RAW
* Check out the cover for WWE’s latest Mick Foley DVD
* 411’s Impact Wrestling report
* The Top 10 Amateur Wrestlers Turned Pro