More WWE News: Why The Miz Was Turned Face, Hayes Booking House Shows, WWE’s 50th Anniversary
– The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there are several reasons for WWE turning The Miz face.
* Miz has two movies coming out next year and it is harder to promote them if he’s a heel.
* Fans have really been getting behind him in recent months.
* While he has played an annoying, self-centered jerk for most of his career, his love and passion of the business comes through and WWE appreciates that.
– Michael Hayes is still the head booker for WWE’s live events. WWE’s Head of Talent Relations used to handle this job, but WWE feels Hayes is better suited for it than the current Head of Talent Relations (Jane Geddes).
– 2013 will mark WWE’s 50th anniversary. The company plans to have a new DVD set and other events to celebrate the anniversary. Technically, the WWWF was around before 1963, but it was in 1963 that Buddy Rogers won a tournament to become the first Worldwide Wrestling Federation champion.
Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Must-read news from around the site:
* Sophie Turner vs. Kim Kardashian: who has the hotter booty?
* Check out three amazing Coco booty pics
* 7 minute video preview for The Hobbit
* Red Dawn Review
* Merle faces off with Glenn in New Walking Dead clip
* 411’s Jeffrey Harris interviews Andrei Arlovski