New Japan Chairman Resigns, Company Seeking Global Expansion
- Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Credit: Puroresu Spirit
Must-read news from around the site:
* Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy?
* Man of Steel gets an MPAA rating
* Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms role in Terminator 5
* Mad Men season six gets premiere date
* Gwyneth Paltrow won’t let Cameron Diaz have sex
* New footage and details revealed for G.I. Joe: Retaliation
* 411’s Top 25 Albums of 2012 (#15 – #11)