Nigel McGuinness Says Kurt Angle Was Great to Him During his TNA Run
– Nigel McGuinness recently spoke with the Sun about his The Last of McGuiness documentary and said that Kurt Angle was great to him during his TNA run. McGuinness said that Angle praised his work and said that facing Angle was one of the highlights of his career.
“Kurt was so great, so gracious,” said McGuinness. “I’ve always said that you meet so many guys in wrestling that have an ego, and it’s always because they never got the spot they thought they should get. The guys who do get those spots and who are really good – and Angle is the best of my generation – have no ego whatsoever because they are perfectly comfortable. We were doing a tour of Europe and he came up to me and said: ‘Whatever you want to do tonight, you’re in charge.’ And this is Kurt Angle! It really was one of the highlights of my career, and life, to get to that stage.”
He added, “Before one of TNA’s big events he said to me that I was one of the best wrestlers he’d been in the ring with since Eddie Guerrero. I just thought ‘that’s bullshit, he must say that to everybody’, and maybe he does. But it was so touching and moving.”
Must-read wrestling news:
* Which Independent Wrestlers Are Reportedly Undergoing WWE Medical Exams?
* TNA Joins List of Youtube Paid Channels
* Update on Fandango’s Dance Partners
* Is The WWE Saturday Morning Slam Show Ending Soon?
* Detailed Breakdown Of Monday’s RAW Rating
* 411 Fact or Fiction: The Shield, Sting, More