Randy Orton Loses Role in Marine: Homefront Due to Outrage From The Real Marines
– According to TMZ, Randy Orton has lost his role in Marine: Homefront. Orton lost the role due to the real Marines being upset that received a bad conduct discharge in 1999 after going AWOL on two separate occasions. He also disobeyed orders from a commanding office, was court-martialed and served 38 days in a military prison.
A former unit member of Orton’s, Cpl. Mike Vinn, had the following to say about Orton being cast for the role…
“I am disgusted that his face and the word Marine are being used next to each other — real or fake — because of the fact that he quit us, the country, and the Marine Corps. [Randy] in the role of a Marine is a disgrace to those that have worn and are wearing that uniform.”
WWE released the following statement to TMZ…
“WWE demonstrated poor judgment in signing Randy Orton for the 3rd installment of the film. Despite Randy’s popularity, the fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the USMC made it inappropriate for him to be cast in this film.”
More must-read wrestling news:
* Latest details on Brock Lesnar’s new WWE deal
* When did Brock Lesnar show up to Raw?
* What happened after Raw went off the air
* Update on Evan Bourne’s injury
* Recently-released TNA star takes a shot at Hulk Hogan over gay rumors
* Which Smackdown star was injured at WrestleMania and which star is returning soon?