ROH To Lose DirecTV Coverage At End of Month?
– ROH’s parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group is at odds with DirecTV regarding carriage rights, to the point that Sinclair does not believe that a deal being worked out before their agreement ends on February 28th. The company has issued a statement which you can see here, asking people to call DirecTV at (800) 347-3288 to complain and demand that they come to terms on a new deal.
Assuming no deal is worked out, ROH will stop airing on DirecTV as of March 1st until a new deal can be reached. DirecTV has had several recent battles with networks and broadcast companies, including a dispute with News Corp. that saw channels like F/X and FUEL TV nearly go dark in November of 2011 as well as a well-publicized battle with Viacom in July.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Star Wars: Episode VII to focus on Skywalker & Solo kids
* New international trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation
* Check out a new motion poster for Star Trek: Into Darkness
* Joss Whedon comments on Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. series
* Rihanna’s dad says Chris Brown deserves a second chance
* The Top 10 Trilogies That Should Be Completed
* 411’s Oscar Preview: Best Supporting Actor and Actress