Second Set of WWE House Show Results 02.09.13 – Springfield, Missouri
Report by Dan Jones and PW.net
WWE Raw live event
Report by Dot Net reader Dan Jones
1. Zack Ryder defeated Corey Graves in about 10 minutes. Graves looked good and worked good as a heel. The crowd loved Ryder.
2. Tensai defeated Alex Riley. Tensai won twice. Vickie Guerrero came out and said the match would be a dance-off. Riley told Tensai to go first and then attacked him from behind. Tensai then told riley to face him…face to face. Tensai worked a looser style and was more comedic and played to the crowd and everyone enjoyed it. He beat riley with a running senton. Riley got on the mic, calling himself a “rare breed,” and told the ref (Charles Robinson) that ‘in the wwe rulebook, page 54, paragraph 6, line 5, it clearly states that if a competitor has a rock in their shoe the match has to be restarted.’ Tensai proceeded to clothesline Riley and hit another running senton to the cheers of the crowd.
3. Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka to retain the WWE Divas Championship. This was about 10 minutes and boring, but I do have to say that all the young girls in the audience went nuts for Kaitlyn.
4. The New Age Outlaws defeated Rhodes Scholars. The Outlaws won via a Fameasser by Billy Gunn. There was a lot of heat for Sandow and Rhodes. Obviously, the Outlaws were way over.
Intermission: Of some note, as Justin Roberts was leaving the ring after announcing the 15 minute intermission, a fan behind me yelled ‘you suck, Justin Roberts!’ to which Roberts gave a ‘really?’ look at the fan before shrugging his shoulders as if to say, ‘okay.’ everyone in my section had a laugh.
5. Justin Gabriel defeated David Otunga with an amazing 450 splash. Otunga got crickets.
6. Chris Jericho defeated Dolph Ziggler in a No DQ match with the Codebreaker. Jericho hilariously got on the mic and called Ziggler ‘spaghetti head.’ Jericho was way over.
7. The Miz and Ryback defeated C.M. Punk and Antonio Cesaro. Punk grabbed a Jericho sign and tore it up as he entered the ring. I had my sign reading in huge font “447” (as this was punk’s 447th day as WWE champion). The Miz was way over, as was Ryback, and Punk got major heat. There were several ‘Cookie Puss’ chants that were stopped by the shouts of ‘BEST IN THE WORLD!’ by me and some others.
This was a good match with the obvious exception of Punk’s injury. Punk’s injury occurred while Ryback and The Miz were performing simultaneous elongated suplexes. Miz dropped Punk in brainbuster-like fashion, and Punk rolled to ringside immediately. He eventually returned to the match but left immediately afterward and was holding his neck. Ryback pinned Cesaro with the Shellshock.
Overall, a great event. The new set really elevates their house shows and makes you feel like your money was very well spent.
1. Chris Jericho
3. The Miz
1. C.M. Punk
2. Rhodes Scholars
3. Dolph Ziggler
Must-read news from around the site:
* Lawrence Kasdan says he wants to start fresh with Star Wars spin-offs
* SueLyn Medeiros shows off some cleavage in a bikini top and stretch pants
* Rita Ora Tweets a new cleavage-y picture in black and white
* Frank Oz wants to return as Yoda for spin-off movie
* Rihanna to attend the Grammys with Chris Brown
* The Top 8 Rock and Roll Myths
* The Top 5 Replacement Superheroes