Stone Cold Steve Austin Speaks on Today’s WWE Superstars
- Stone Cold Steve Austin in his regular guest column for Fighting Spirit Magazine spoke about the current WWE superstars today. Austin spoke about having a solid wrestling foundation before going into the spotlight:
“Today’s guys are very impressionable, and don’t really call it in the ring anymore,” Austin said. “Some of the guys don’t know whether to shit or wind their watch; when they get in the ring, they have some basics, but they’ve always been told exactly what to do before they go out there. Back in the day, we were calling it all in the ring; we didn’t have anything to be nervous about, because we didn’t have to remember anything. All I had to do was listen to a hellacious worker like Billy Joe Travis or Jimmy Jack Funk, trusting them to help lead me through it.”
Austin went on to say: “The guys today are on a big stage, and none bigger than WWE. It’s up to the promotion to bring these cats in light, establish them, and help them get over. You can’t just bring in someone new and expect them to work a Wrestlemania calibre match right away. If you give someone a monster push right off the bat, but don’t give them the base knowledge, it makes no sense to wonder why they shit the bed. These kids are exposed after a few weeks of TV, because they don’t have the experience of what to do in that situation. The more knowledge you have, the better chance you have of being successful”.
The full article is in issue 89 of the magazine and is on sale from WH Smiths in the UK and Easons in Ireland.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Check out Time Warner’s Walking Dead Super Bowl ads
* Maria Fowler shares another pic of her sexy cleavage in a bra
* Michael Bay gives an update on Transformers 4
* Lady Gaga declares herself ‘Queen of the Universe’ in legal paperwork
* 411’s Box Office Report: Warm Bodies lurches to #1
* 411’s UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar report
* The Top 10 Replacement Superheros (#10 – 6)