The Rock Explains Why He Wants the WWE Title
- The Rock has an interview in WWE Magazine where he talks about why he wants to regain the WWE Title. Check out the highlights:
On why regaining the belt is important: “It starts with recognizing what the WWE Championship represents to me. Every time I hold that title over my head in victory, it not only signifies the fact that I have delivered the absolute best entertainment that I could to the WWE Universe, but that I’m taking a moment to live an experience that all the generations of wrestlers in my family strived to achieve. There is no other award that I could receive that’s as deeply ingrained in my blood and history as the WWE Championship – and that’s why it means so much to me.”
At the same time, Rock said that after his first WWE Title reign – which came in 1998 – he decided that he would never allow his possession of or lack of the WWE Title define his career.
On not letting the title define his career: “After my first WWE Championship run came to an end, I made a conscious decision that night that I would work harder than any other Superstar in the locker room to become the type of WWE entertainer who, if I never had another championship run again, it would not define my career. I never wanted to rely on a title run for success.”
On his recent recent approach of mixing entertainment with seriousness: “My goal was to get to a place where I relied only on what I could bring to the table in terms of being entertaining and having a one-of-a-kind – and electrifying – connection with all of the WWE Universe.”
Must-read news from around the site:
* Vida Guerra hides her giant boobs behind her hair
* Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and Heidi Klum display their Golden Globes
* New TV spot for Oblivion online
* Grand Theft Auto 5 to be released on the PC?
* The Top 10 Featherweight and Bantamweight Fights of 2012
* The Top 5 Fights of 2012
* 411’s Top 25 Albums of 2012 (#25 – #21)