TNA News: Cutting Back on PPVs, Locker Room Resentment Towards Brooke Hogan and Garett Bischoff
– For years, TNA has considered cutting the number of PPVs that they run per year, with the feeling that 8 is the perfect number. The current plan, as previously reported, is to run 10 PPV events in 2013.
– The big reason that TNA wants to cut the number of PPV events is because their PPV numbers have been declining. While WWE has also had the issue, they had a much higher starting point, and have also had the ability to bring in proven box office draws, such as Brock Lesnar and The Rock.
– At this time, there is a lot of resentment in the TNA locker room towards Brooke Hogan and Garett Bischoff. Bischoff is said to be well liked, but his last name is the main factor behind why he’s getting pushed ahead of other stars who are seen as equally or even more qualified than he is.
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
More must-read wrestling news:
* Reby Sky gets naked showing off her war wounds on Twitter
* New possible WrestleMania opponent for the Rock discussed
* Why was the AJ/John Cena storyline given a rest on Raw?
* Daniel Bryan: “My dream match is vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania”
* 411’s WWE Main Event report