Tommy Dreamer Says His Raw Return Was a Last-Minute Thing
- Tommy Dreamer has posted a blog at The Whig discussing his appearance on Raw, which he called a dream come true. Dreamer said that the return was not planned far in advance and that he was called at 3:30 PM on Monday before the show.
“That original call came in at 3:30 p.m. and Monday Night Raw was taking place 100 miles (160 km) away from my house,” Dreamer says. “That’s challenging without even considering traffic. The fun was just beginning. I jumped in the shower to get ready. As I finished, my cellphone rang. I answered it and was told to bring my wrestling gear, and that I would be wrestling but not to tell anyone. This had to be a surprise.”
He also noted, “I finally arrived, met my contact and went to hide on a bus with the other surprise for the night, The Nature Boy Ric Flair — and when I found out Flair would be on the bus with me, internally I say ‘WOOO!’ but act I cool when I see my friend and fellow wrestling legend. WWE then has me take a physical, sign a bunch of forms, releases and contracts.”
More must-read wrestling news:
* The latest on Kurt Angle’s injury status
* Hulk Hogan looking for one more World Title run?
* Backstage reaction to the Miz’s babyface turn
* How many competitors will be in the Royal Rumble this year?
* The Top 8 Wrestlers WWE Should Sign in 2013
* The Top 5 Wrestling Memories