Update on the Future of Randy Orton
– As previously reported, plans are to push Randy Orton heavily to the top of the card over the next six months. There is also talk of turning Orton heel, which is something he has wanted for some time. According to sources, not only has the heel turn been discussed, but also it could happen as soon as the Survivor Series PPV.
While there has been concern about turning Orton heel, due to the fact that he’s been a top face for the Smackdown live events, it now appears that WWE officials realize a heel turn is probably the best use of Orton’s talents and will make Orton happy since he’s been asking for the heel turn. There is also the thought that WWE realizes Orton as a great heel could help develop a face and mold that talent into a potential big-ticket seller.
More must-read wrestling news:
* WWE Smackdown taping results (SPOILERS)
* TNA Impact Wrestling taping results (SPOILERS)
* Cody Rhodes injured at Smackdown taping
* Bruno Sammartino open to WWE Hall of Fame induction?
* Alberto Del Rio: “CM Punk is doing a great job”
* Top 5 Favorite Things About Wrestling