Update On TLC’s Buyrate And What It Means For CM Punk’s Drawing Power
WWE reported earlier this week that December’s Tables, Ladders & Chairs PPV did around 170,000 buys. Teh number is down from last year’s 179,000. The show is listed as having 71,000 domestic buys and 99,000 foreign. This is very low and maybe an error. Last year’s show did 98,000 domestic.
October’s Hell in a Cell PPV, which featured Punk vs Ryback in the main event (and no John Cena because of injury) did strong sales. The lower buyrate of TLC is good news for Punk, who wasn’t competing on the show due to injury.
CM Punk not wrestling on the show, which had one of the worst buyrates of the year, is a sign that Punk was a solid PPV draw while he was champion and his matches are whether fans will pay $40+ for a PPV.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Miranda Kerr takes her sexy bikini body to the beach
* Rihanna gets glammed up and sexy for a photo shoot
* Duncan Jones to direct Warcraft
* When will X-Men: Days of Future Past be set? (SPOILERS)
* Kathleen Kennedy on how she got J.J. Abrams to direct Star Wars: Episode VII
* The Top 10 Dario Argento Films
* The Top 10 Money-Themed Movies