UPDATE: Ric Flair Returns to the Ring Tonight in Japan
– Flair did not return to the ring at the event after all. Flair was at the Ota War Gymnasium for the event but he did not wrestle due to a health issue. Flair was replaced by his son Reid who was moved to work with Keiji Mutoh. The two lost to Tatsumi Fujinami and Seiya Sanada when Sanada pinned Flair at 15:31.
The bout would’ve been Ric Flair’s first bout in Japan since retiring from WWE in 2008 (Credit: PWInsider).
– Puroseu Spirit has some new information and photos available on WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair’s scheduled return to the ring on Saturday for the All-Japan promotion.
Flair is scheduled to team with Keiji Mutoh (the Great Muta) against Tatsumi Fujinami and Seiya Sanada. The tag match is the semi-main event. The event will also feature Flair’s son, Reid Flair, making his debut in Japan. Reid is set to team with Jimmy Yang against Kenso and Kaz Hayashi.
Ric and Reid along with Mutoh participated in a pre-show press conference to discuss Ric’s return to Japan and Reid’s debut. Reid said that Mutoh has been his favorite Japanese wrestler for years.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Impact Wrestling taping results for February 7th (SPOILERS)
* Impact Wrestling taping results for January 31st (SPOILERS)
* WWE Star reveals he fought cancer in high school
* Who is The Rock training with before the Royal Rumble?
* 411’s WWE Smackdown
* 411 PPV Roundtable Preview – WWE Royal Rumble 2013