UPDATED: Liev Schrieber To Play Chris Benoit in New Film
UPDATE: According to TMZ, a representative for Liev Schreiber contacted the website and states that despite reports, Schreiber is not playing Chris Benoit in the film Crossface. No other word on how may play the lead role at this time.
ORIGINAL: Liev Schreiber will play Chris Benoit in the film about the Benoit double murder-suicide. MoviePilot reports that Schreiber (X-Men Origins: Wolverine will portray the infamous wrestler in Crossface, written by Sarah Coulter. Schreiber was previously reported to be in early talks for the role.
SRG is producing the film, which will cover Benoit’s life from his time training with the Hart family through his career, including the murder of his son and wife followed immediately by his suicide.
Coulter has previously said that the film will go inside the mind of Benoit from the start of his drug abuse after the death of Eddie Guerrero on forward. Several WWE stars including Triple H and Vince McMahon will be portrayed in the film.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Vida Guerra snaps a selfie of her big butt in a thong
* Rihanna wraps her body in a tiny yellow bikini
* Arianny Celeste snaps a sexy selfie in her bikini
* Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail to sell half a million in first week
* Andrew Garfield suggests The Amazing Spider-Man‘s Mary Jane could be male
* The redband trailer for Oldboy is here!
* The Top 10 Brad Pitt Roles
* The Top 10 Unlikely Horror Actors
* 411’s review of NCAA Football ’14