Updated Plans For WWE Monday Night Raw in January
– Vince McMahon is reportedly gearing up for WrestleMania season, and the plans are that every Raw this month will be a stacked show. This is partly due to the build to WrestleMania, and partly a reaction to sagging ratings.
The January 7th Raw, which will be competing with the BCS Championship game, will feature the return of The Rock, as well as WWE Champion CM Punk defending against Ryback in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs match. There are also plans to shoot a big angle to close the show, one that will “have everyone buzzing.”
The January 14th edition of Raw will be the 20th anniversary of the show. The plan is to use legends to add star power to the show. With the show taking place in Houston, Texas, it is said to be a good possibility that The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels could appear. There are also plans to announces the first member of the 2013 Hall of Fame class that night.
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter via rajah.com
Must-read wrestling news:
* Michelle McCool talks about Stephanie McMahon behind the scenes
* WWE Releases CM Punk 2012 Highlight Reel
* Backstage concerns regarding The Rock’s Involvement at the Royal Rumble
* The Top 10 Heels of the Week
* 411’s WWE Main Event report