Various News: Another Sin Cara Update, Update on Flair Situation, Hamada back to SHIMMER, More
- Time-Warner is listing Tuesday’s Smackdown as “Super Smackdown.” You may want to check your DVR settings to make sure you do not miss the show.
– Mistico (the original Sin Cara) has not been released by WWE. While WWE Developmental Talent Hunicio worked under the hood for TV this week, Mistico worked the gimmick at the house shows. Word is that creative is in a state of confusion, but as of right now, Hunico is Sin Cara going forward.
– The WWE house show last night headlined by John Cena vs. Miz, drew a legit sellout. This is rare, as WWE usually does not sell out mid-sized arenas for house shows these days.
– More on the Ric Flair situation, from Dave Meltzer: “Regarding that statement by Ric Flair’s reps where he talked about suing over those alcohol related heart issues, and as people noted, that isn’t new and he wrote about it in his own autobiography years ago, he may not have those issues today. I don’t know, but the issues were many years ago and he had to take time off wrestling while they were treated and he came back and has worked for years. Evidently he got a clean bill of health or WWE would not have used him regularly for many years after that at his age. Having said that, no way he can sue over that given it’s in his book and that would be a defense that there was no attempt at malice or disregard for the truth, even if there are no issues today.”
– On October 1st and 2nd, Ayako Hamada will be a part of the Shimmer DVD tapings.