Various News: George Steele Writing Autobiography, Jimmy Snuka Signing His Book, Jake Roberts On DDP Radio
– George “The Animal” Steel is writing an autobiography called Animal that will be released in the spring of 2013. “Cowboy” Bill Watts will write the foreword.
– WWE will return to the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 5 PM. Tickets go on sale next Friday at 10 AM.
– Jake “The Snake” Roberts will appear on DDP Radio tonight.
– Just Press Play has a review of WWE Studios’ The Day.
– A release release was sent out today about the Jimmy Snuka autobiography, which is called Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story. It was written with Jon Chattman. Snuka will be signing the book this Saturday at Bookends in Ridgewood, New Jersey. You can find the whole press release here.
Here’s a synopsis of the book:
Known for his leopard print uniforms, hard partying lifestyle and signature “Superfly Splash,” Jimmy Snuka is a true WWE legend. At a time when the professional wrestling world was as untamed as the Wild West, Snuka re-wrote the rules and created a technique and persona that still lives on today.
An incredibly entertaining autobiography, complete with a “Snuk-tionary” at the back, Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story (December 2012) by Jimmy Snuka with Jon Chattman relates the legacy of the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) icon and his incredible journey from the Fiji Islands to the pro-wrestling world in the wrestler’s own candid words. From the Snuka’s legendary top-rope maneuvers and innovative high-flying style that made him the most popular competitor in the ‘70s and ‘80s to his influence on the development of sports entertainment, this fascinating account delves into some of Snuka’s most talked about moments, including:
· The night Snuka leapt from the top of the 15-foot cage in Madison Square Garden—only to miss his opponent and consequently lose the match
· The Piper’s Pit segment in which Rowdy Roddy Piper smashed a coconut over Snuka’s head at his own urging
· Snuka’s involvement in the untimely death of one of his mistresses and the dissolution of his marriage
Exposing the amazing life of this WWE Hall of Famer with all the exuberance he’s famous for, Superfly presents the ups and downs of a key figure in the expansion and success of professional wrestling—making it a must read for all diehard WWE fans.
More must-read wrestling news:
* Reby Sky gets naked showing off her war wounds on Twitter
* New possible WrestleMania opponent for the Rock discussed
* Why was the AJ/John Cena storyline given a rest on Raw?
* Daniel Bryan: “My dream match is vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania”
* 411’s WWE Main Event report