Various News: Hall of Famers Reflect on the First Rumble Match, Crush Added to WWE’s Alumni Section, and More
- WWE.com has a new column speaking with WWE Hall of Famers Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, Harley Race, Jake Roberts, Hillbily Jim, and Tito Santana reflecting on their participation in the very first ever Royal Rumble match in 1988.
Here is what Duggan, the winner of the first ever Rumble match, had to say of his other favorite Rumble: “It was the 2009 Rumble, and I was one of the later guys coming out. I got a good pop, as a lot of the guys from my generation do. Fans remember us, which we are grateful for. I came through the curtain and stormed to the ring and, of course, one of the first guys I roll into and am nose-to-nose with is The Undertaker. When he first came into WWE, I actually contested a lot of his first matches, against him and Paul Bearer. So here I am, face to face, with the big Deadman. I give him a shot, and a shot, and a real big shot and he went down like a big tank hit him. Then, of course, Big Show came down and tossed my a** out, but I shined there for a good couple of minutes.”
- WWE.com has also added Crush to their Alumni section. All of his personas are acknowledged including Crush from Demolition, the Hawaiian powerhouse turned villain, the jailbird, the biker thug, and his time in World Championship Wrestling. His death in 2007 is not acknowledged however.
- The National Enquirer this week will feature astory on the wedding that took place at a recent Resistance Pro Wrestling event in Chicago, Illinois (Credit: Rajah.com).
Must-read wrestling news:
* Update on Randy Orton’s shoulder injury
* Check out the Rock’s updated WWE schedule for January and February
* WWE denies looking for investors for new network
* 411 Fact or Fiction: Tribute to the Troops, Rock, Fandango, More