Various News: Hardys Revive OMEGA For Charity, El Generico DVD, More
- The Hardy Brothers are bringing back OMEGA Wrestling, the promotion they ran when they first started in the industry, for a benefit show on January 15th to help wrestler Chuck Coates who is fighting Hodgkin’s Disease. The show, titled “Chinlock for Chuck” will be the promotion’s first event in years and will take place in Durham, North Carolina. Set for the show are Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms, Christian York, Lodi, CW Anderson and Gunner. You can find out more here.
– A new Kickstarter campaign has begun for Pro Wrestling X, a PC game inspired by WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF No Mercy. The campaign is trying to raise $75,000 and currently is up to $7,617 with twenty-five days to go. You can donate here.
– CHIKARA is running a New York City show this Sunday that will see Marty Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid teaming up against the Heart Throbs. Also set for the show are a sixteen-man Torneo Cibernetico, Soldier Ant vs. Mark Angelosetti, Dasher Hatfield vs. Icarus and Fire Ant vs. The Shard. For more info, go here.
– PWG has released a DVD for El Generico titled The Many Adventures Of… You can get it here.
More must-read wrestling news:
* Marty Jannetty rips Shawn Michaels on Facebook
* WWE breaks two records with WrestleMania 29 ticket sales
* Another way that WWE will make tons of money off of WrestleMania 29
* How much is WWE getting paid for their new programming?
* The Top 10 Survivor Series Wrestlers
* 411’s TNA Turning Point report