Various News: Kong Officially Gone From TNA, Paul Heyman Meets With Taz and Bubba Ray, More
– The Hartford Courant blog noted the WWE ban on chairshots to the head. WWE’s Robert Zimmerman was asked about the Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV and noted that it was in December, before the chair to the head ban came in January. He also noted that no performers suffered concussions on that show. It was later pointed out to the paper that February’s Elimination Chamber PPV featured people being thrown head-first into bulletproof glass, and that one talent (Sheamus) suffered a concussion on that show.
– The same blog has a story on a focus group being shown some of WWE’s more risque moments on YouTube. The group found the content, which was from the 90s, to be objectionable. WWE responded to the criticism by saying it was misplaced, and pointing out that what happened in the 90s does not happen now. Read the full story here.
– Tommy Dreamer and Taz both tweeted about getting together with Bubba Ray Dudley and Paul Heyman last night, mentioning that rumours would get started. Tommy Dreamer has been approached about going to TNA, and many fans have been hoping Paul Heyman would go to TNA.
– Awesome Kong has been officially released from TNA.
– HHH is in an upcoming documentary on the life and career of Motorhead’s Lemmy Kilmister. The documentary debuted on Monday night in Austin, TX.
Credit: Wrestling Observer