WWE 13 Sales Down From Last Year But Considered A Success
The first week sales for WWE ’13 are around 250,000 copies sold in the US. This is down slightly from last year, but still considered a success, since 20% of retail stores were the game was sold were closed that week because of Hurricane Sandy. The game sold another 57,000 copies in the UK.
Pre-orders for the game were very high. WWE ’13 was a distant #2 in sales behind Assassin’s Creed, which sold 1.6 million.
WWE’s video game publisher, THQ, is still in danger and may be sold in the next year. THQ earns around $30-40 million per year from the WWE games (and over $40 million from the Saints Row series) but they don’t have much money on hand and a $100 million loan that is due next summer. If THQ can’t find an investor, they will have to liquidate. This means that the WWE franchise would end up with another publisher like Electronic Arts.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Rosie Jones is busting out of her lingerie for Nuts
* Kim Kardashian tweets a pic of her killer rack in a skimpy bikini top
* Brittney Palmer rocks a super-tiny silver bikini for Maxim
* New trailer released for Grand Theft Auto V
* Worst to Best: The Nightmare on Elm Street franchise
* The Top 10 Worst Movie Vampires