WWE Breaks Two Records With WrestleMania 29 Ticket Sales
According to Pwinsider.com, WWE broke two of their all-time records over the weekend with WrestleMania 29’s ticket sales.
The company sold the most tickets in the first day of ticket sales in their history, selling 52,029 tickets. Their previous record was WrestleMania 18 (Rock vs. Hulk Hogan) in 2002 in Toronto, which sold 51,620 tickets on day one.
The company also made their highest gross ticket revenue after day one, with more than $10 million in tickets sold. This beats WrestleMania 28 in Miami, which grossed $6.3 million in revenue on the first day of ticket sales.
More must-read wrestling news:
* Another Reason Why WWE Will Make Tons of Money Off of WrestleMania 29
* How Much is WWE Getting Paid For Their New Programming?
* TNA Impact Wrestling Quarter Hour Ratings For 11.08.12
* 411’s TNA Turning Point Report 11.11.12
* The Top 10 Survivor Series Wrestlers